ZIONSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — A sheriff says a central Indiana man killed his two teenage children before killing himself.
Boone County Sheriff Mike Nielsen says deputies Friday found the bodies of 50-year-old Michael Hunn, 15-year-old Harrison Hunn and 13-year-old Shelby Hunn in the father's rural home about 20 miles northwest of Indianapolis. All three suffered apparent gunshot wounds.
Nielsen says the children stayed with their father Thursday night, and their mother became concerned when they didn't arrive at school Friday. The sheriff says she couldn't reach them or their father, so she requested a welfare check.
The children attended Zionsville Community Schools. Superintendent Scott Robison sent an email to parents saying, "Our entire school community grieves the loss of two students due to a tragedy at their home." Counselors were made available to students.
- Sheriff: Central IN man kills 2 teen children, himself
- Indiana man charged in pursuit crash that killed 2 children
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic vs. Benton Central (BBB)
- Central Catholic, Benton Central capture sectional titles
- Man held after girl struck, killed by car in central Indiana
- Sheriff's office asking public's help identifying man
- Mother sentenced to 120 years for killing children
- Man reportedly swept downriver from dam in central Indiana
- Indiana teen killed after sledding into path of car
- Battle Ground teen killed after car chase with police