Quick hit of clipper snow this morning, then few rain/snow showers.
Grassy & elevated accumulations will occur in parts of the area (including bridges & overpasses).
Shorter-range, high-resolution U.S. HRRR & NAM models side-by-side below with thier projected accumulations:
U.S. HRW WRF-ARW & HRW NMMB model projected snowfall:
Threw Canadian RDPS model in here too:
Any accumulation won't last long as temperatures warm 38-44 for highs by late afternoon.
After a cool upcoming week with 20s at night, heavy frost, even a few rain & snow showers, Thursday, Friday & Saturday look great with sun & warmth & a lack of wind! Best weather since early Fall!
Although we may have a few periods of showers/t'storms Sunday-Friday (March 24-29) with even some severe weather risk, it will be warm! Main period of severe weather risk to monitor is Friday, March 29 after perhaps just a little bit of risk Wednesday, March 27.
Overnight lows will be in the 50s & 60s with multiple days in the 70s. I think a night or two may see lows only around 61-65!
After the warmth & showers/storms with severe risk, it does look quite cold March 30 with temperatures in the 30s with some rain/snow, followed by frost & freezing at night March 31-April 2. The afternoon temperatures on March 30 with an overcast sky projected & northwest wind 25-40 mph are only 34-38 with rain/snow to even all snow at times, around.
Nice warmth of 70s should return after that..........& pretty rapidly, too. There will be a lot of severe weather in the Plains April 4-5 & we may get in on severe weather around April 6.
- March 17, 12 AM Update for Now-April 6: Clipper Snow Hit, Chill......Then Spring Fever....Back to Brief Winter.....Then Spring Fever Again
- Winter to Spring
- January 24, 2:30 PM Update: Wind Chill Advisory & the Clipper Train
- December 2, 12 PM Weather Forecast Update: 12 Hours of Spring, Now Back to Winter
- March 19, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update: Warm-Up to Shot of Winter, Then Back to Spring
- April 17, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- April 17, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- August 17, 9:31 PM: Second Installment of the Fall-Winter-Early Spring Trends
- February 19, 12:30 PM Weather Forecast Update On Snow, Ice & Rain Ahead & Flash Spring