LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An Illinois man was sentenced Friday after an attempted burglary that ended in a police pursuit. Calvin Lowe was sentenced to 9 years, with 7 years in Indiana Department of Corrections and 2 years probation.
On Aug. 10, 2018, Lafayette police responded to an alarm at La Zacatecana on Old US 231. Police said officers arrived and saw Lowe crouched down in front of the grocery store.
Lowe allegedly placed objects in a car and drove off, according to police. When LPD tried to pull him over, police said he allegedly began to speed up. A pursuit lasted into Clinton County, where officers were able to stop his car.
- Illinois man sentenced for attempted burglary and police chase
- Attempted robbery, police chase leads to charges against Illinois man
- WL man charged with attempted murder sentenced to 30 years
- Jail inmate sentenced for attempted murder
- Check fraud attempt at Chase bank leads to 4 arrests
- Police: Man found dead in tent at Speedway from Illinois
- Man shot, wounded after leading Indiana police on chase
- Loren Gary sentenced for attempted murder of deputy
- Man gets maximum sentence for involvement in burglary that led to a death
- Police catch 2 during Miami Co. burglary