TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Authorities are investigating after an inmate died in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
Edrie Scott Hunt died in his jail cell Friday afternoon just after 2:00 p.m. Captain Tom Lehman said the 58-year-old died as paramedics were performing CPR on him. He was then taken to an area hospital and was pronounced dead.
Lehman said there is no foul play suspected in his death. The Tippecanoe County Coroner's Office and the Tippecanoe Sheriff's Office are still investigating.
Hunt had been in jail since March 14 after an all-day standoff. Deputies arrived at Hunt's home to serve two felony arrest warrants.
Investigators said Hunt pulled a handgun, threatened deputies and threatened to kill himself. Officers negotiated with Hunt over the next several hours.
He eventually surrendered and was taken into custody. Hunt was charged with intimidation and resisting law enforcement.
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Tippecanoe County Jail scans more than inmates
- ISP peer reviews Tippecanoe Co. inmate death investigation
- More reading options for Tippecanoe County Jail inmates
- Man attacks fellow inmate in Tippecanoe County Jail
- Coroner releases cause of death of Tippecanoe County jail inmates who died on same day
- Cause of death released for third Tippecanoe County Jail inmate who died on same day
- Tippecanoe County Jail getting new captain
- Two Tippecanoe County Jail inmates die from unrelated medical issues on same day
- Police investigate shooting in Tippecanoe County