Maybe this is a reason not to go to the bathroom during a thunderstorm.
A Florida couple is cleaning up a mess in their home after the toilet in their master bathroom exploded Sunday morning, according to CNN affiliate WBBH.
MaryLou Ward of Charlotte County said she was in bed with her husband and three dogs during the rain and thunder, when all of a sudden they were blown out of bed.
"We got out of bed and came over here, and the toilet was laying on the floor," Ward told WBBH.
A-1 Affordable Plumbing said lightning struck near the house's septic tank, causing the toilet to explode.
"I already sent a picture out to my kids and said, 'Don't do it!' Here's the proof why you shouldn't go near the bathroom in a thunderstorm," the couple's neighbor Charles Allen told the station.
It might be terrifying to think about, but the plumbing company said this is as rare as a person getting struck by lightning.
- Lightning struck a house and caused this toilet to explode
- Woman struck by lightning identified
- Sheriff's Office identifies woman struck by lightning
- House explodes in Minnesota neighborhood
- The shocking moment lightning struck a boat in South Boston
- Guggenheim museum reportedly offered the White House a golden toilet
- Medical Examiner: Exploding vape pen caused man's death
- Family finds snake in their toilet
- Utah man struck by lightning shares his story, discusses road to recovery
- Father of three dies after being struck by lightning during a trail race