Police have made an arrest in connection with a deadly weekend shooting at a California bowling alley, officials said Monday.
Torrance Police Chief Eve R. Irvine identified the arrested man as Reginald Wallace, 47, of Los Angeles. Irvine said he was identified within 30 hours of the shooting and was arrested in Los Angeles, where he's being held without bail. Three men were killed and four people wounded late Friday at the Gable House Bowl in Torrance, about 20 miles south of Los Angeles.
Crime, law enforcement and corrections
Crimes against persons
Law and legal system
Sports and recreation
Fugitives and manhunts
Continents and regions
Southwestern United States
Wallace, Irvine said, is on parole after serving a 17-year sentence for assault with a deadly weapon. He was released in 2017, she said.
According to CNN affiliates KTLA and KABC, the three people who died at the scene were identified by their family members as Michael Radford, 20, and Robert Meekins and Astin Edwards, both 28.
Police said two injured males were taken to a hospital and two other males sought medical attention on their own.
The gunshots went off just before midnight after a brawl involving first women and then men. Irvine said it's not known whether Wallace knew anyone in the bowling alley, but he was part of the larger group that was already inside the bowling alley, she said. He shot into the crowd with a handgun and is believed to be the sole shooter in the incident, Irvine said.
"We've never had an incident like this in the city of Torrance," Irvine said.
Detectives were to examine surveillance video recorded inside the building, said Torrance police spokesman Sgt. Ronald Harris.
"We're also asking anyone in the public who might have seen anything, or (recorded) any cell phone video or other video, to come forward and help in this investigation," Harris said.
Torrance police officers saw multiple people with gunshot wounds when they arrived and they started lifesaving measures, including CPR and using a defibrillator, police said.
- Arrest made in deadly California bowling alley shooting, police say
- 3 dead in California bowling alley shooting
- 3 dead, several hurt in bowling alley shooting
- 3 people dead in shooting at a bowling alley in Southern California
- Fort Smith Police Arrest Man In Connection With Deadly Shooting
- Arrests made in Missoula convenience store shooting
- Contradicting stories in deadly police shooting
- Man suspected of causing a deadly California fire is arrested
- Police arrest mall shooting suspect
- Deadly flu season hits California particularly hard