President Donald Trump discussed several key issues with Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel during a lunch at Élysée Palace, according to White House press secretary Sarah Sanders.
"Today at lunch, the President sat with President Macron, Chancellor Merkel, and President Putin, and many other world leaders," Sanders told reporters traveling with the President. "The leaders discussed a variety of issues, including the INF (nuclear treaty), Syria, trade, the situation in Saudi Arabia, sanctions, Afghanistan, China and North Korea."
Continents and regions
Government and public administration
Government bodies and offices
Political Figures - Intl
Political Figures - US
Russia meddling investigation
US federal government
Sanders said, "They had very good and productive discussions during the two-hour lunch," which was held at the official residence of the French President.
Russian state news agencies reported a brief exchange between Trump and Putin at Sunday's armistice centenary ceremonies in Paris.
RIA Novosti reported Putin as replying in the affirmative when asked if he was able to talk with Trump in a meeting at the Élysée Palace with other foreign leaders.
Asked how the conversation went, according to RIA, the Russian President replied: "Well."
Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said the two leaders were able to exchange pleasantries during the working lunch, Russian state agencies reported.
- White House says Trump sat with Putin, Macron and Merkel at lunch, discussed key issues
- White House confirms Trump, Putin discussed Washington summit
- Germany's future: Merkel without Merkelism
- Trump vents at Merkel and asks for advice on Putin
- Trump issues delayed broadside against Macron
- 9 thoughts on that epic Trumps-Macrons White House picture
- White House fixes Trump-Putin transcript error after key question omitted
- Angela Merkel's plane diverted after technical issue
- Angela Merkel Fast Facts
- White House reveals range of topics for Trump-Putin meeting