A man accused of killing his girlfriend's 2-year-old son has plead guilty to a manslaughter charge.
Taylor Lynn Kraig, now 22, was arraigned in court two years ago on murder, assault and criminal mistreatment charges in connection to the death of Zackariah Luda Daugherty.
Friends said the young boy lived with his mother and Kraig in an apartment on Southeast 162nd Avenue.
Authorities say the boy died at an area hospital in August 2016. According to the county medical examiner, he died of homicidal violence.
At the time, a former roommate described Daugherty as "a very happy little boy who smiled at everything."
Stephanie Niedermeier said she used to live with Kraig, Daugherty and Daugherty's mother, Mandy, and had just moved out in July that year. She said she would sometimes hear Kraig yelling at the boy.
Kraig's father, Jason, said in 2016 that Daugherty's death was an accident. He said he was grieving for the boy.
"Taylor loved him," Jason said.
Law enforcement have not released any details surrounding Daugherty's death. Kraig is expected to be in court again Tuesday for sentencing.
- Man accused of killing girlfriend's 2-year-old son pleads guilty to manslaughter
- Man sentenced to 10 years in prison for death of girlfriend's 2-year-old son
- Buffalo mother charged with manslaughter in death of 2-year-old
- Accused Tampa killer pleads not guilty
- Husband of Florida woman who went missing at sea pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter
- Phoenix man accused of killing estranged wife, 2 children on Christmas pleads not guilty
- Man guilty of killing girlfriend sentenced to 26 years in prison
- No bail for father in murder of 2-year-old son
- Man pleads guilty in deadly Yorktown shooting