Go Joe 21 is underway. This year, WNEP morning meteorologist Joe Snedeker is biking his way through New England.
One assisted living facility in Lackawanna County is helping residents feel like they're along for the ride.
Tom Possinger is the activity aide at St. Mary's Villa in Elmhurst, but many residents know him as "Little Joe."
Just like Joe Snedeker, he hops on a bike every year to raise money for St. Joseph's Center. However, instead of riding through the streets, "Little Joe" rides through the halls of St. Mary's Villa.
"It's wonderful because it's from nursing home and personal care residents, a dollar at a time. Not everybody is wealthy, and this is coming from their heart, and they get to contribute. Even a little bit adds up to a lot," Possinger said.
Possinger says the residents have donated more than $10,000 over the course of the 12 years that he's done the mini bike ride.
- Nursing Home Residents Donate to 'Little Go Joe'
- Nursing home blamed in disappearance of body
- Nursing homes sedate residents with dementia by misusing antipsychotic drugs, report finds
- Tens of thousands of Louisiana residents could face eviction from nursing and group homes
- Joe Namath Fast Facts
- Joe Biden's running. Literally
- Joe's gonna go (probably)
- Joe Biden Fast Facts
- PD: Nurse who feared she'd be fired stole fentanyl, oxycodone from nursing home
- Girl buys gifts to take to Piedmont nursing home