Nine victims are hospitalized with serious injuries after a 30-year-old man went on a stabbing spree through a Boise apartment complex off State Street.
Boise Police Chief Bill Bones says the call came in at 8:46 p.m. and officers arrived in the area of W. State Street and Wylie Lane within four minutes.
Officers quickly located the suspect who was taken into custody. His identity has not yet been released.
Chief Bones says multiple victims are refugees who live in the apartment complex. The age range of victims varies greatly.
The scene is secure. Residents are to stay out of the area.
Police have not yet made public any connection between the attacker and the victims. Details are also limited on the type of knife used in the attack.
Boise Police are expected to release the suspect's identity Sunday.
- Boise Police Investigating Stabbing on State Street
- Peek inside Boise, Idaho's vibrant Basque community
- St. Mary's to evict disgraced Boise priest
- Teal Chair makes debut in Boise
- An American Ninja Warrior shows off Boise
- Prosecutor weighing death penalty in Boise attack
- Wizard World Comic Con hits downtown Boise
- More than 100 goats invade Boise neighborhood
- Boise-made "Harambe Kong" video game has some calling foul
- Boise pastor arrested for no-contact order violation