(CNN) -- Justice Anthony Kennedy, a conservative who provided key votes for same-sex marriage, abortion access and affirmative action, will retire from the Supreme Court. Kennedy's decision to step down could transform the Supreme Court for generations. President Donald Trump will have his second opportunity to nominate a justice and will likely replace Kennedy with a young, conservative jurist. That would create a bloc of five staunch conservative justices who could move the court further to the right and cement a conservative majority for the foreseeable future.
(CNN) -- Justice Anthony Kennedy, a conservative who provided key votes for same-sex marriage, abortion access and af...
- URGENT - Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy to retire
- Justice Kennedy retiring
- Supreme Court shakeup looms as Kennedy retires
- Justice Kennedy retires after 30 years
- Trump reacts to Justice Kennedy retirement
- Anthony Kennedy: The swing vote
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- The favorites who could replace retiring Justice Kennedy
- URGENT - Supreme Court upholds Trump travel ban