As 72-year-old John French went flying through the air while sky diving over Maricopa three months ago, so did his prosthetic leg.
"My leg went deeeeer down it went! So I thought it was gone forever," said French.
He hasn't been able to do much walking since then...until now.
He just got this fancy new prosthetic leg, complete with a laminated space-galaxy theme...because... well, why not!
"I feel great in the leg. I'm like, look at this baby!" said French. "Probably after this show I'll be popular."
French said he has even better mobility than before, and this time, he got his prosthetic leg with a lock so that he can't lose it again.
But shortly after he got his replacement leg, he got an unexpected surprise from Sky Dive Phoenix on Father's Day.
"I get a knock at the door and this guy says, well I wanted to bring it to you on Father's Day, and he shows me the leg and I'm freaking out!" said French.
It turns out a man who lives near the sky dive facility found French's lost prosthetic leg and asked the sky dive instructors if anyone had lost a leg recently.
French was shocked they were able to find it in the middle of the desert, but even more surprised to find it in near perfect condition.
"I've had this thing for years, and it was a part of me. To have it come back to me…I was like, wow!" said French.
So now…"I actually have three legs!" French said while laughing.
He said not only can he get back to running, but also plans to get his groove on.
"I just kind of shake my butt and spin around like this. That's what I do for dancing," said French.
This time, he's hoping to break a leg on the dance floor…without 'actually' breaking his leg.
French said he hopes his story reminds people to live life to the fullest. He is still battling a terminal disease and says he plans to live the rest of his life having fun, and continuing to party.
- Prosthetic leg lost while skydiving is found, returned to skydiver
- 85-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor Enjoys Skydiving With Her Grandkids
- Fire department: Skydiver dies after landing on roof of home
- Boy uses indoor skydiving as therapy for disorders
- 96-year-old veteran skydives in honor of the fallen
- James Corden's skydiving adventure with Tom Cruise is priceless
- York Co. principal follows through with promise to skydive after students reach fundraising goal
- Alligator gets a prosthetic tail
- Self-taught teen pianist plays with four fingers and two prosthetic legs
- Puppy with broken legs found in dumpster