A black bear was hit and killed by a car in Baltimore County early Thursday morning.
It happened shortly after 5 a.m. on southbound Interstate 83 near Shawan Road, according to Maryland State Police. They say the bear weighed more than one hundred pounds.
The Department of Natural Resources is now handling the investigation into its death.
Police tell WMAR-2 News that at least three bears have been struck by vehicles in the area over the past three weeks.
- Third bear hit and killed on Baltimore interstate in 3 weeks
- Driver struck, killed a bear on interstate
- Mystery surrounds fish kill in Baltimore Harbor
- 'Justice4Stephon' rally held in Baltimore
- Baltimore officer caught beating man
- 7 killed in fiery interstate crash
- 16-year-old charged with murder for killing Baltimore County officer
- Bear euthanized after being hit by car
- Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim hits, kills man walking on interstate
- Baltimore goes 10 days without a homicide