The Council of Fashion Designers of America awards ceremony -- known as "the Oscars of the fashion industry" -- attracted some star power Monday night.
"Insecure" star Issa Rae hosted the event at the Brooklyn Museum in New York.
Host Issa Rae takes swipe at Kanye West
Kim Kardashian West jokes about winning award "when I am naked most of the time"
In her opening monologue, Rae took a swipe at Kanye West's controversial remark that 400 years of slavery for African-Americans was a "choice."
"I'm about as fashionable as Kanye is black. Only when it's convenient," she said. "That joke was my choice, just like slavery."
The actress also made a statement with her blue Pyer Moss outfit, which she accessorized with a belt that had a Boris Gardiner song titled "Every N***a Is a Star" on it.
Rae was the first African-American to emcee the event.
West was not present, but his wife, Kim Kardashian West, became the first recipient of the CFDA Influencer Award.
"I'm kind of shocked that I am winning a fashion award when I am naked most of the time," the reality TV star said in her acceptance speech.
Other celebs in attendance included West's sister Kendall Jenner, Oprah Winfrey, "Black-ish" star Tracee Ellis Ross, Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o, singer Ciara, model-actress Gigi Hadid and actresses-turned-fashion moguls Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.
The Fashion Icon Award went to model-actress Naomi Campbell, and Donatella Versace received the International Award.
A full list of winners can be found at CFDA's site.
- Issa Rae goes bold at CFDA fashion awards
- Bold and bright fashion on display at the royal wedding
- Rae Carruth to be released from prison
- A bold bid for climate justice
- Democrats encouraged to go 'bold versus old'
- Congressman wants colleague Darrell Issa's deposition in divorce case
- Issa alleges evidence of 'bias,' 'conspiracy' in DOJ IG report
- 'The Facts of Life' actress Charlotte Rae dies
- Ex-NFL player Rae Carruth to be released from prison
- Former Carolina Panther Rae Carruth released from prison