A pregnant woman was stabbed at least 30 times, leaving her critically injured and her unborn child dead, police said Tuesday.
Police were called to the woman's apartment about 12:30 a.m. on Walton Avenue near East 165th Street.
Liv Abreu, 30, who was stabbed in the torso area, was transported to the hospital in critical condition where her unborn baby died, police said.
Her boyfriend, and father of the unborn baby, Oscar Alvarez, later turned himself in to police.
Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), visiting www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or texting 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577. Spanish-speaking callers are asked to dial 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).
- Pregnant woman stabbed 30 times, baby dies
- Crash kills pregnant woman, baby survives
- Doctors rescue baby as pregnant woman killed with crossbow
- Carrie Underwood pregnant with baby No. 2
- Snooki pregnant with baby No. 3
- Woman dead, pregnant woman injured in shooting
- Critically wounded woman in West Bank attack was pregnant; baby 'stable' after labor induced
- 'I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant': Woman Surprised By Baby Boy's Arrival
- Man stabbed 17 times lives
- Police: Stabbing victims included 3-day-old baby