Another dolphin has died at Dolphinaris in Scottsdale.
Ten-year-old Alia died this morning. The cause of her death has not been determined.
This is the second dolphin to die at the facility.
"Bodie" the dolphin died September 23, 2017.
Dolphinaris released the following statement on Tuesday about Alia's death.:
Dolphinaris announces with deep sorrow the passing of Alia, a 10-year old female bottlenose dolphin early this morning, May 22, 2018.
The exact cause of death has not yet been determined. Alia had displayed some unusual behaviors in last few days and she was being monitored. She was under continual care by Dolphinaris staff and veterinarians. A necropsy will be performed, and the results will be reported in the coming weeks when they become available.
Alia was with her dolphin companions and her caretakers when she died. Alia will be greatly missed, she was a lively and loving part of the Dolphinaris family.
The Dolphinaris team is dedicated to providing each of its dolphins with the highest standard of care in accordance with the industry's best practices, as well as federal and international regulations.
- Another dolphin dies at Dolphinaris in Scottsdale
- Suspect dies following officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Secret Santa tips Scottsdale diner staff $2,000
- Rare dolphin-whale hybrid spotted near Hawaii
- Two Miami Dolphins kneel for National Anthem
- Scottsdale PD: Coronado HS alum fakes cancer to get donations
- Scottsdale plane crash: Six confirmed dead in Arizona crash
- Scottsdale police arrest man in 2015 murder of Allison Feldman
- Scottsdale homicide suspect identified; he's linked to six killings
- Rescued dolphins returned to ocean off Cape Cod