Antoine Griezmann's stardust guided Atletico Madrid to a third Europa League title as the Spanish club outclassed Marseille on a memorable night in Lyon.
The Frenchman, who was born just 70 kilometers from the final venue, scored goals either side of half time, before captain Gabi put the icing on the cake with a third late on.
Marseille 0-3 Atletico Madrid
Atleti lift third Europa League title
Marseille started the game well and were unfortunate to see a Kostas Mitroglou header hit the post in the second half, but the French side were comfortably second best all night.
If this was to be Griezmann's final game in an Atletico shirt -- the forward has suitors from all over Europe -- then he certainly made it one for the fans to remember.
More to follow...
- Antoine Griezmann masterclass guides Atletico Madrid to Europa League title
- Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann apologizes for blackface costume
- Europa League: Antoine Griezmann sucker punch floors Arsenal
- Spain's Atletico Madrid rout Marseille in Europa League final
- Antoine Griezmann, estrella del Atlético Madrid, se disculpa por ofensivo disfraz
- Antoine Griezmann, estrella del Atlético de Madrid, se disculpa por ofensivo disfraz
- Chinese billionaire sells stake in top soccer club Atletico Madrid
- La razón por la que Antoine Griezmann contó no celebró su gol ante Uruguay
- La razón por la que Antoine Griezmann no celebró su gol ante Uruguay
- 'Touching the trophy' curse strikes again in Europa League final?