The Gladstone Police Department responded to a rare, unbridled call Wednesday morning.
Officers became wranglers after three horses escaped and were seen wandering on North Troost Avenue near Northeast 72nd Street.
The police department posted a video of the "high-speed" chase on their Facebook page as officers worked to corral the horses and keep them from being hit by passing vehicles.
In the video, an officer is heard asking, "Ideas for how to wrangle three horses walking down Troost?"
Officers shared pictures of their victory on Twitter after successfully wrangling the trio of four-legged beasts.
- Police officers turn wranglers after 3 horses escape in Gladstone
- Police officers turn wranglers after 3 horses escape
- Lee and Wrangler jeans get the boot as VF Corp moves to Denver
- Phoenix firefighters work to free horse from abandoned horse trailer
- Horse of a lifetime: Lizziemary
- 10-foot alligator attacks 1,050-pound horse
- Sheriff's office seeks inmate who escaped from work release program
- Nampa police officer arrested
- Retired police officer turns same number as badge he once wore
- Dallas police officer realized she was in the wrong apartment when she turned on the lights