(CNN) -- First lady Melania Trump underwent kidney surgery Monday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center near Washington, DC, according to a statement from her office. Trump had been experiencing an issue with her kidney that her office described as benign but requiring medical attention. "This morning, first lady Melania Trump underwent an embolization procedure to treat a benign kidney condition. The procedure was successful, and there were no complications," the first lady's communications director, Stephanie Grisham, said in a statement. "Mrs. Trump is at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and will likely remain there for the duration of the week. The first lady looks forward to a full recovery so she can continue her work on behalf of children everywhere," Grisham wrote.
(CNN) -- First lady Melania Trump underwent kidney surgery Monday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center nea...
- Melania Trump undergoes kidney surgery at Walter Reed medical center
- URGENT - Melania Trump undergoes kidney surgery at Walter Reed medical center
- President Trump to be transferred to Walter Reed Medical Center
- Melania Trump's kidney procedure explained
- Melania Trump 'doing really well' after kidney surgery, President says
- Trump makes holiday visit to Walter Reed
- Three former US prisoners in North Korea leave Walter Reed Medical Center
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- Donald Trump returns to Walter Reed to visit first lady