President Donald Trump congratulated law enforcement Wednesday after authorities appeared to locate a man suspected of a series of deadly bombings in Austin, Texas.
"AUSTIN BOMBING SUSPECT IS DEAD. Great job by law enforcement and all concerned," Trump tweeted.
The bombing suspect killed himself inside his car with an explosive device early Wednesday as authorities closed in, police said.
Since the bombings began earlier this month, investigators frantically searched for clues, calling the attacks the work of a "serial bomber" who increasingly changed tactics. The bombings killed two people and left the Texas capital terrorized with fear for 19 days.
- Trump hails 'great job' by Austin law enforcement
- Trump: Impeach somebody who's done great job?
- These people have the toughest job in law enforcement
- Trump praises law enforcement after slamming FBI
- Trump praises law enforcement for arrest
- Trump hails breakthrough at Korea summit
- Trump defends Scott Pruitt: 'Scott is doing a great job!'
- Donald Trump's assault on law enforcement just keeps coming
- Trump's fight with his law enforcement agencies intensifies
- Law enforcement officials rebuff Trump over prosecution of Chinese executive