German police raided two Volkswagen facilities on Tuesday as part of an investigation into suspected cheating on diesel emissions.
BMW said in a statement that it was cooperating with authorities.
"The BMW Group takes the situation very seriously and has a significant interest in the circumstances being fully explained," it added.
- German police raid BMW in diesel emissions probe
- New diesel scandal? German officials investigate Audi
- Volkswagen ex-CEO charged with fraud in diesel emissions scandal
- EPA reverses Pruitt-era rule on diesel emissions
- German cities could ban some diesel cars after court ruling
- Volkswagen dumps jailed Audi CEO amid emissions probe
- Tupac Shakur's 1996 BMW for sale
- Deutsche Bank raided in money laundering probe
- BMW plans to build electric Minis in China