A speeding van rammed into a middle school in eastern India on Saturday, killing nine children, authorities said.
In addition to the fatalities, 10 others were critically injured in the incident at the school in Muzzafarpur, in Bihar state, said Vivek Kumar, a local police superintendent.
The students were in school Saturday, the police official said.
"The incident happened when the school had just finished and the students had gathered outside the school building," Kumar said.
Police arrested the driver and an investigation is ongoing.
- Vehicle rams into school in India, killing nine children
- Undefeated LA Rams are legit!
- 27 killed when school bus in India goes off road
- Two Israeli soldiers killed in West Bank car ramming attack
- India bus crash kills 33 Hindu pilgrims
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby in India
- Leopard kills meditating monk in India
- Armored Port Authority vehicle rams into woman on LI road twice, she says
- Police: Knife-wielding man shot by officer after ramming police vehicle, barricading himself in WVC home
- London police open fire after vehicle rams Ukrainian ambassador's car