(CNN) -- President Donald Trump on Friday called the departure of his former staff secretary Rob Porter following allegations of domestic abuse "very sad" and said he wishes Porter "well." The President did not express any sympathy for the women Porter allegedly abused -- instead pointing to Porter's claim that "he's innocent." "I found out about it recently and I was surprised by it," Trump said. "We certainly wish him well. It's obviously a very tough time for him. He did a very good job while he was in the White House." "We hope that he will have a wonderful career," Trump added. Trump focused on Porter's denial of the allegations that he struck his two-ex-wives while they were married. "He says he's innocent and I think you have to remember that," Trump said. "He said very strongly yesterday that he's innocent but you'll have to talk to him about that."
(CNN) -- President Donald Trump on Friday called the departure of his former staff secretary Rob Porter following all...
- URGENT - Trump on Porter: 'We wish him well'
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- Trump on Rob Porter: 'We wish him well ... He did a good job'
- Porter Goss Fast Facts
- Why Donald Trump won't-condemn Rob Porter
- Penn Jillette's audacious wish
- Trump wishes troops a Merry Christmas
- Trump frustrated with Hicks' role in Porter scandal
- NYT: Trump defends Hicks as Porter fallout continues