Charges are piling up against a man accused of causing several crashes after stealing a police cruiser and taking it on a joyride through the streets of DeKalb County.
Daniel Silverman is facing several charges, including hit-and-run and reckless driving.
It all started after police say Silverman was clocked going 91 miles per hour down I-20 near Candler Road in a stolen Jaguar. A chase ensued and Silverman drove the vehicle across the median towards the Flat Shoals Road exit causing two crashes.
Silverman crashed the Jaguar and then hopped into a police cruiser and took off. Police eventually caught up with him but say Silverman ended up causing at least 8 wrecks across the area.
It is unclear when he's expected in court.
- Man allegedly caused at least 8 crashes in stole police cruiser
- Man who allegedly stole from casinos led police on pursuit
- Man who allegedly rammed Summerdale police cruiser arrested in Jefferson County
- PD: Woman crashes into state trooper's cruiser on I-84
- Police: Suspects stole 31 firearms, killed man
- Photo of police cruiser parked in handicap spot goes viral
- Worker who stole plane and crashed identified
- FBI: Man who stole and crashed commercial airplane acted alone
- Police: Man stole woman's $10K winnings outside casino
- Police say man stole fuel, ran over gas station owner