A State Trooper was killed in a two-car crash in Wolcott on Saturday evening, according to Connecticut State Police (CSP).
The accident took place on Wolcott Road, or Route 69, between Munson Road and Sharon Road.
Police said Trooper Danielle Miller died as a result of injuries sustained during an off-duty motor vehicle crash with a pick-up truck.
Both the driver of the car and the trooper, who was in a State Police car were taken to the hospital, said Chief of Wolcott Police Ed Stephens.
Trooper Miller was assigned to Troop L in Litchfield and police said she graduated from the Connecticut State Police Academy in 2014.
CSP said they're grateful for Trooper Miller's service and their thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Governor Malloy thanked Miller for her service and sent out his condolences to Miller's family and friends.
- PD: State Trooper killed in motor vehicle crash
- PD: Woman crashes into state trooper's cruiser on I-84
- Tempe PD: Uber self-driving vehicle hits, kills pedestrian
- PD: Motorcyclist killed after rear-ending vehicle in Glendale
- Thomaston man killed in 6 vehicle crash on CT, MA border identified by PD
- General Motors Fast Facts
- PD: Man kills his 81-year-old grandmother
- Law enforcement statewide honors trooper killed in crash
- North Carolina Highway Patrol Trooper Killed in Crash
- Mother, daughter seriously injured in motorized scooter crash