A Susquenita High School math teacher is accused of stealing cash and a gift card from a student's purse, according to Pennsylvania State Police.
Tara Smith, 34, of Harrisburg, is charged with theft, access device fraud and receiving stolen property in connection with an incident that happened on January 9, police say.
According to police, Smith allegedly removed the victim's purse from a classroom and took that cash and gift card. She then allegedly used the gift card to make an online purchase, police say.
The school district confirmed that Smith has been a teacher there since 2012. When asked if Smith was on any type of leave following the incident, a school district spokesperson said the district does not discuss personnel matters.
- Teacher accused of stealing cash, gift card from student's purse
- Amex launches new cash back card
- Man Accused Of Embezzling Money Off Sam's Club Gift Cards
- Teacher accused of molesting student for years
- Nurse accused of stealing fentanyl
- Suspect Arrested In Elderly Purse Snatching
- Teacher Accused of Grabbing Student by Neck over School Dance
- Lunch ladies accused of stealing nearly $550K
- Teacher arrested after punching student
- Cash for babies, $10,000 gifts, $1 homes: The battle for the soul of rural Italy