(CNN) -- Two people were killed when a 7.1-magnitude earthquake shook Peru on Sunday, according to a regional governor. One of the two victims was a 55-year-old man crushed by a rock in Yauca, tweeted Yamila Osorio, governor of the Arequipa region in southern Peru. The other victim died in the same region, Hernando Tavera, president of the Geophysics Institute of Peru, told TV Peru, without providing further details. At least 23 people were injured in the same Arequipa area, according to the National Emergency Operations Center.
(CNN) -- Two people were killed when a 7.1-magnitude earthquake shook Peru on Sunday, according to a regional governo...
- Deadly earthquake shakes Peru
- Deadly earthquake shakes southern Peru
- Earthquake shakes southern Philippines
- 2 earthquakes shake Southeastern US
- 4.4 magnitude earthquake shakes Bay Area awake
- Strong earthquake in Cabazon shakes Southern California
- 7.0 magnitude earthquake shakes southern Philippines
- Peru's President Kuczynski avoids impeachment
- Peru's President to face impeachment proceedings
- Medical pardon for Peru ex-president Fujimori