A Greensboro teen has been charged in the 2017 shooting death of 37-year-old Larry Wayne Pratt, according to a press release.
Dominique Monae Gabrile McCain, 16, of Greensboro, was arrested on Jan 8 and charged with first-degree murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery.
On the night of April 20, Pratt was found unresponsive in the driver's seat of his car, which was partially obscured in a wood line in the 3100 block of Utah Place.
Police found Pratt at approximately 8:45 p.m. after witnesses called 911 to report hearing shots fired. Arriving officers, along with EMS, initiated life-saving efforts. Pratt succumbed to the gunshot wounds he received and was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Six other people have also been charged in connection with the robbery and homicide.
- Greensboro teen charged in 2017 shooting death
- Two Greensboro police officers charged with child abuse
- Officer involved in shooting death of teen won't face charges
- Greensboro couple almost throws out $1,000,000 winning scratch-off ticket
- Questions surround Ohio teen's death in courthouse shooting
- Aggravated murder charges filed in deaths of Eureka teens
- Teens charged in rock-throwing death to appear in court
- 2017 celebrity deaths felt like family
- Greensboro police investigating after more than 30 shots fired at apartment complex
- Mother and her 7-year-old son injured after being shot outside Greensboro apartment complex