A small fire broke out in a US Secret Service facility on the property of the home of Bill and Hillary Clinton in Chappaqua, New York, on Wednesday.
The building was not connected to the home of the former US President and former US Secretary of State, and the Clintons were not there at the time of the fire, Hillary Clinton Communications Director Nick Merrill tweeted.
The fire was put out and nobody was injured, said Sgt. Arthur Mendoza of the New Castle Police Department.
The former first couple bought the home before Hillary Clinton's successful 2000 run for a US Senate seat. Chappaqua is about 40 miles north of New York City.
- Fire on Clinton property was in Secret Service facility
- Secret Service Fast Facts
- URGENT - Secret Services intercepts 2 'suspicious packages' addressed to Obama, Clinton
- Secret Service agent dies after suffering stroke on the job
- Tom Arnold talks Secret Service visit over his tweets
- Secrets of Rockefeller Center
- Spotify's secret weapon
- Victoria's Secret CEO resigns
- Israeli PM claims Iran has a "secret" nuclear facility and warehouse
- From top secret to secret: What Kushner's clearance downgrade means