A Cottonwood Heights mom and politician is turning heads because of what is on the back of hers.
"I'm a little bit different," admitted Councilwoman Tali Bruce. "I hope to let the citizens know that I'm not just your average run of the mill politician."
Councilwoman Bruce took the oath of office along with Councilwoman Christine Mikell, and newly appointed Mayor Mike Peterson Tuesday night. The former councilmen became Cottonwood Heights second Mayor ever.
"It's amazing the emotion that comes up," he said.
But all eyes were on Bruce, including Mayor Peterson's.
"That's actually pretty impressive," the Mayor said. "She's strong, she's decisive she's opinionated, and we welcome that."
- City council member shaves city's logo into her head
- 2 dozen students, faculty shave heads for St. Baldrick's Foundation
- Best Buy redesigned its logo
- Meriden City Council votes to terminate city manager
- City Council committee advances "monster homes" bill
- Elderly council member accused of damaging cars
- Steelers logo altered to honor shooting victims
- Border agents find man hidden in shipment of wood shavings
- This company is reinventing shaving for people of color
- Jason Momoa shaved his beard and people are freaking out