More than 30 companies with employees in eastern Idaho have confirmed they are giving employee bonuses or pay raises due to the passage of the national tax reform bill.
Many CEOs and managers say they are offering the extra cash after Melaleuca CEO Frank VanderSloot challenged all Idaho employers to "spread the wealth" by giving bonuses to their employees.
"We're going to have more money in our pocket and that means we can afford to give our employees more," VanderSloot said. "I'm challenging all other companies in Idaho to do the same. We're asking other businesses to step up because everyone is going to see more money in their paycheck."
Melaleuca employees over 2,000 people and each worker received $100 for every year they have worked with the company.
Other businesses are offering similar incentives with one-time bonuses or pay raises.
As of Jan. 1, here are the employers offering bonuses:
Elite Roofing Systems
Elite Clinical Trials
Colling Pest Solutions
Move it or Lose it Moving LLC
Willow Creek Woodworks
Resident Construction LLC
Steel Design LLC
Get Found First
Riverbend Management, Inc.
Kauai Cattle LLC
Eagle Ridge Ranch
Frank L. VanderSloot Foundation
- More than 30 companies in Idaho offering employee bonuses due to tax reform bill
- All the companies giving out raises and bonuses because of tax reform
- JetBlue is giving employees $1,000 bonuses
- Verizon and Disney announce bonuses for employees
- Billionaire Bob Parsons praises tax bill and promises staff bonuses
- Made In Idaho Product Offers Security
- Paul Ryan's impact: Big tax bill but no entitlement reforms
- American and Southwest Airlines announce $1,000 tax cut bonuses
- Idaho bill would allow use of cannabis-derived CBD oil