Hamden police have arrested a man accused of assaulting his pregnant girlfriend on Thursday morning.
Officers were called to a home on Smith Drive for the report of a dispute.
Police said 34-year-old Victor Pergee got into an argument with his pregnant girlfriend, and hit her multiple times, knocking her to the ground, and reportedly ripped her hair out.
Officers also learned that Pergee allegedly "choked her on and off for approximately an hour."
Police said the victim suffered injuries to her stomach and arms and was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital for treatment.
Pergee was arrested and charged with first-degree assault on a pregnant woman, second-degree strangulation, disorderly conduct, and interfering with a police officer.
He was held on a $100,000 bond.
- PD: Man assaulted, strangled pregnant girlfriend
- Man allegedly assaulted girlfriend over video games
- York man facing charges after allegedly attempting to strangle girlfriend, locking her outside in cold
- PD: 3 women arrested for kidnapping, assault
- PD: Man who assaulted mother found hiding inside church
- Maryland man facing charges after attempting to strangle girlfriend while trying to look at her cell phone
- QU professor arrested for allegedly assaulting girlfriend with frying pan
- Chinese star admits assaulting Japanese girlfriend, sparking heated debate
- Nurse found strangled to death in bedroom
- PD: Special needs patients assaulted and waterboarded by caregiver