A 93-year-old woman who has no heat in her Bronx building says she is "frozen in her bed."
Some families who live at the Sotomayor Houses say the heat hasn't been on for weeks. Gladys Parks, 93, says she can't leave her bed because it's so cold in her apartment. She is afraid to get sick.
"No one us listening to our complaints," Parks said. "It's never warm. It's terrible."
Parks has been in bed under three comforters.
Resident Kimberly Abrams said it's terrible.
"Families and seniors are really suffering," Abrams said.
A spokesperson for the New York City Housing Authority said: "Our residents deserve safe, warm homes in the winter and our staff is working diligently to repair outages as quickly as possible. Our residents deserve better"
- 'Frozen in her bed:' 93-year-old woman has no heat in her Bronx building
- 93-year-old golfer scores first hole-in-one before retiring
- Bronx fire death toll up to 13
- Police ID man wanted for allegedly killing woman outside of Bronx bodega
- Incendio en Bronx, Nueva York, deja varias personas heridas
- Soldier, immigrant from Ghana, dies rescuing neighbors in Bronx fire
- Feds arrest two Bronx men in bomb-making case
- Trump supporter disrupts De Niro's 'Bronx Tale' musical on Broadway
- A California couple 'adopted' a 93-year-old veteran after his town burned to the ground
- Bed bugs found in charter school's cafeteria