A North Carolina woman won $200,000 off a four-month-old lottery ticket just days before Christmas, according to lottery officials.
Teresa King, of Fletcher, bought the ticket at a gas station in Asheville several months ago.
"My husband and I keep the tickets in a little dresser beside our bed. We had so much going on, we just forgot about them," King said.
She recently took the tickets back to the store to check them and learned she had won $200,000.
King's ticket for the Aug. 19 drawing was, in fact, a winner. It beat odds of one in 913,129 to win the prize.
"It's a Christmas miracle," King said. "It's one of those treasures I found that I didn't know I had."
On Thursday, King claimed the prize. After required state and federal tax withholdings, she took home $139,002.
- NC woman wins $200K on 4-month-old winning lottery ticket just days before Christmas
- North Idaho woman wins $1,000,000 Lottery
- Mom wins $5M from lottery ticket she didn't mean to buy
- An 18-year-old buys her first lottery ticket and wins $1,000 a week -- for life
- Woman arrested for child abuse after 4-month-old found malnourished
- State Employee Misconduct Cost California $200K
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in California
- Pray that you don't win the billion-dollar lottery
- Man accused of beating 4-month-old puppy, breaking multiple bones
- Police: Woman arrested for child abuse after 4-month-old found malnourished