A child was shot in the leg by his brother in an accidental shooting that happened in KC on Friday afternoon.
The incident happened on 83rd Terrace between The Paseo and Brooklyn Avenue.
A boy was trying to take his mother's handgun out of its case when it accidentally fired, shooting his brother.
When police arrived, they found the child who had been shot in the leg.
That child was taken to a local hospital in "fair condition."
The children involved were 13 and 9 years old.
Their mother was not home at the time of the shooting, police said, but "one of the boys is old enough to babysit the other."
The investigation is ongoing.
- Boy accidentally shoots his brother in the leg in KC
- Man accused of accidentally shooting, killing own brother
- 3D tattoos help KC breast cancer survivors
- Steel trap breaks hawk's leg
- Brother remembers editor killed in shooting
- An accidental expert
- Boy, 7, dies after brother finds gun in home, shoots him, police say
- Milwaukee Police: 9-year-old girl was accidentally shot by brother, parents arrested
- Man shot, killed in 1 of 3 overnight shootings in KC
- Two brothers charged in rape, murder of 16-year-old boy