The city manager in Meriden was fired during a city council meeting on Monday evening.
The City Council voted 8-4 to terminate city manager Guy Scaife, Meriden Mayor Kevin Scarpati said.
It is unclear at this time why he was fired.
The mayor said Fire Chief Ken Morgan is the acting city manager.
- Meriden City Council votes to terminate city manager
- Meriden man arrested following police pursuit and attempt to run over an officer
- City council member shaves city's logo into her head
- City Council committee advances "monster homes" bill
- Trump terminates remaining HIV/AIDS advisory council appointments
- City fines Waste Management again for missed collection complaints
- TSA shortage closes Miami terminal
- H&M hires diversity manager
- City council proposes study to address institutional racism
- Boulder City Council moving forward with 'assault' weapon ban