The city manager in Meriden was fired during a city council meeting on Monday evening.
The City Council voted 8-4 to terminate city manager Guy Scaife, Meriden Mayor Kevin Scarpati said.
It is unclear at this time why he was fired.
The mayor said Fire Chief Ken Morgan is the acting city manager.
- Meriden City Council votes to terminate city manager
- Meriden man arrested following police pursuit and attempt to run over an officer
- City council member shaves city's logo into her head
- Trump terminates remaining HIV/AIDS advisory council appointments
- City Council committee advances "monster homes" bill
- City fines Waste Management again for missed collection complaints
- TSA shortage closes Miami terminal
- City council proposes study to address institutional racism
- Boulder City Council moving forward with 'assault' weapon ban
- Hartford mayor proposes contract assistance from state to city council