A 70-year-old woman has died after a house fire in the 1600 block of Allman Court Wednesday.
Dispatchers received the call at 1:45 p.m. Crews arrived at the scene to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the single story home. Firefighters entered the burning structure and found the woman inside.
The woman was rescued from the house and resuscitated outside. She was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries, where she later died, investigators with the Virginia Beach Police Department and Virginia Beach Police Department confirmed.
The victim was later identified by relatives as 70-year-old mother of two son's and two stepdaughters and grandmother of six - Sandra Daniels.
She was known to be loving and caring towards the people in her family and community.
Investigators determined that the fire was accidental.
- 70-year-old grandmother dead after Virginia Beach house fire
- Surprise homecoming for Virginia Beach students
- Six people shot at Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Three shot at Virginia Beach Oceanfront during College Beach Weekend
- At least 12 dead after disgruntled employee opens fire at Virginia Beach municipal center
- 2-year-old Virginia boy dies after taking pills at grandmother's house, police say
- Two-alarm fire in Virginia Beach caused by child playing with fire
- Dog shot during Virginia Beach armed burglary reunited with owner
- Busted pipes affect Virginia Beach, Portsmouth animal shelters
- Fatal accident in Virginia Beach involving pedestrian and vehicle