Two officers were shot in north St. Louis County Thursday morning.
Several emergency crews, fire trucks and police officers were seen in the 10100 block of Bellefontaine Road just after 7:30 a.m. There is reportedly a subject barricaded in a home in the area.
According to officials, the shots fired at the officers hit their vests.
Around 8:30 a.m., Both directions of Interstate 270 were closed near Bellefontaine Road due to the police activity. During the closure, eastbound traffic is being diverted at Route 367 and westbound traffic is being diverted to Riverview.
- 2 officers shot in north St. Louis County; subject barricaded in home 2 officers shot in north St. Louis County
- St. Louis reverend charged with child molestation
- Snowstorm hits St. Louis, heads east
- Toddler's death being investigated as homicide in St. Louis County
- Boy, 12, saves family from overnight house fire in north St. Louis County
- St. Louis alderman proposes selling vacant homes for $1
- Louis Farrakhan Fast Facts
- St. Louis police officer charged with involuntary manslaughter in fatal shooting of fellow officer
- An 8-year-old girl was shot dead in St. Louis near a high school event
- Child left on stranger's doorstep following St. Louis carjacking