Original Publish date: Feb 14, 2017
CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- The Delphi fire station is being used as a command post in the search for two Carroll County girls reported missing Monday.
The sheriff's office is asking all volunteers to report to the fire station at the corner of South Union and East Main streets in Delphi for further instructions.
Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told News 18 Tuesday morning that a specialized search K-9 group from Macomb, Illinois, will be aiding in the search for Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13.
The teenage girls were last seen near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi around 1 p.m. Monday.
As of noon Tuesday, hundreds of people have come through the fire station already.
Anna Williams, Abby's mother, said she is amazed by the outpouring of support from the community.
Leazenby said they are working with officials to get an AMBER Alert issued.
News 18 will be closely following this story and will post any updates when available.
- Volunteers told to report to Delphi fire station in search for missing girls
- Delphi home searched in connection to double-homicide investigation
- FBI searches Peru home in relation to Delphi double homicide
- Search underway in Carroll County for two missing girls
- Memorial service honors Delphi teens
- Sgt. Riley: Search expanding for wanted man in Delphi double homicide case
- First Christmas after the Delphi double homicide
- Dr. Phil to discuss Delphi double homicides
- Delphi double homicide scaling back investigators
- Delphi one year after the double homicide