Original Publish date: Feb 23, 2017
DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — Nineteen-hundred – that's the number of tips police have received since releasing the audio of a suspect in the Carroll County double homicide case.
The FBI is also going nationwide with about 6,000 electronic billboards within 46 states seeking information in the case.
"Down the hill, down the hill, down the hill," a suspect's voice said on a police released audio clip during a press conference Wednesday.
Those three words have inspired approximately 1,900 phone calls and email tips to police, and there have been 3,900 total since the investigation began.
But there are still no arrests.
Fourteen-year-old Libby German and 13-year-old Abby Williams were found dead near the Delphi Historical Trails on Feb. 14.
Authorities said Wednesday both the audio recording and the suspect photos came from German's cellphone. Investigators called her a hero for thinking to take the recording, but they say they won't be releasing any other parts of the video.
A monetary reward has been created for information leading to an arrest of a suspect or suspects in the case. The reward fund also increased and is currently at $50,000.
Contributions are as follows:
FBI – $25.000
Indiana Packers Corporation – $10,000
U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita's Office – $9,000
Andersons – $5,000
Lafayette Bank and Trust – $1,000
The Indiana State Police Alliance has established an account for individuals or businesses wishing to donate to the Delphi Reward Fund.
Checks should be made payable to:
The Indiana State Police Alliance Foundation
“Delphi Reward” should be entered on the memo line
Donations can be mailed to:
1451 Shelby St.
Indianapolis, IN 46203
If you have any tips to share, call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at 844-459-5786, the Indiana State Police at 800-382-7537 or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office at 765-564-2413.
Investigators have also added an email address where you can send tips. That address is firstname.lastname@example.org. All information can be reported anonymously.
- Tips, reward increase since suspect audio released in Delphi double homicide
- ISP release recorded audio of suspect in double homicide investigation
- $200K reward, newly-decorated HQ inspiring Delphi double homicide investigators
- Reducing tips to 'manageable number' in Delphi double homicide
- ISP release video, additional audio and a new sketch of the Delphi Homicide suspect
- New sketch released in Delphi double homicide case
- Delphi double homicide case gets nearly 1,000 tips since sketch release
- First Christmas after the Delphi double homicide
- Dr. Phil to discuss Delphi double homicides
- Delphi double homicide scaling back investigators