Original Publish date: Feb 13, 2017
DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — Two Carroll County girls have gone missing near the Monon High Bridge, east of Delphi.
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the teenage girls were last seen near the bridge around 1 p.m. Monday. The girls were dropped off by a family member. They never showed up at the time they were supposed to be picked up.
They have been identified as Liberty "Libby" German, 14, and Abigail "Abby" Williams, 13.
Libby is 5 feet 4 inches tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a tie-dye shirt, fringed at the bottom, gray sweats with unknown black lettering and black Nike shoes. Abby is also 5 feet 4 inches with blonde hair and hazel eyes. Abby was wearing a gray sweatshirt with a burgundy T-shirt underneath and blue jeans.
The sheriff's office was called around 5:30 p.m.
Dozens of deputies, Delphi police officers and firefighters have been out searching the banks. Drones have also been out. Leazenby said the Department of Natural Resources was going to search the water Monday evening.
Based on information learned from friends and family members, Leazenby said investigators do not suspect foul play. They have no information to believe the girls are in any kind of danger, other than being exposed to outside elements.
Leazenby said investigators looked into having an Amber Alert issued. They were informed this event does not meet the criteria set by state guidelines to have an alert issued.
Police are asking for the public's help. If anyone knows anything, they are encouraged to call the Carroll County Sheriff's Office at 765-564-2413.
News 18 will be following this story and will continue to bring you updates as information becomes available.
- Search underway in Carroll County for two missing girls
- Community continues to search for missing teens in Carroll County
- Police confirm bodies found in Carroll County are missing teen girls
- Community reacts to Carroll County double homicide
- Volunteers told to report to Delphi fire station in search for missing girls
- Community comes together during candlelight vigil for Carroll County teens
- Stone memorial bench unveiled in honor of 6 Carroll Co. girls
- Police: Hundreds of tips, no leads, following discovery of bodies in Carroll County
- Prayer vigil held for law enforcement working Carroll County double homicide
- Carroll Co. Sheriff clears up misconceptions on Delphi double homicide