Original Publish date: Feb 28, 2017
CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — News 18 has received numerous tips claiming the man connected to the Delphi double homicide case has been arrested, but authorities report no arrests have been made.
After rumors started circulating about an arrest Tuesday morning, Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum put those suspicions to rest. He told News 18 no one has been arrested.
Slocum also took to Twitter with this message:
There has been no arrest in the double murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams. Investigators are still working hard. #delphigirls
— Sgt. Tony Slocum (@ISPPeru) February 28, 2017
The case continues for the person or persons responsible for the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams.
State police remind the public to not jump to conclusions, nor identify a person as a suspect without facts to back up the claims.
State police said 500 more tips came in Monday night, which brings the total to more than 9,300. The reward for information leading to an arrest has also increased to more than $200,000.
If you have information you would like to report, call the Tip Line toll free at 844-459-5786 or email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rumors not true; no arrests made in Delphi double homicide
- First Christmas after the Delphi double homicide
- Dr. Phil to discuss Delphi double homicides
- Delphi double homicide scaling back investigators
- Delphi one year after the double homicide
- FBI searches Peru home in relation to Delphi double homicide
- $200K reward, newly-decorated HQ inspiring Delphi double homicide investigators
- Delphi faith community grows stronger 3 years after double homicide
- Delphi home searched in connection to double-homicide investigation
- Carroll Co. Sheriff clears up misconceptions on Delphi double homicide