Original Publish date: Feb 21, 2017
DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — Investigators in Carroll County will hold a press conference Wednesday morning to provide new information on the Delphi double homicide case.
At 10 a.m. Wednesday, law enforcement will provide information on the ongoing murder investigation of 13-year-old Abigail Williams and 14-year-old Liberty German.
You can watch the live press conference right here on WLFI.com.
But News 18 asked why police are waiting almost 24 hours to release possibly new information surrounding the case.
Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said they are still perfecting what information they plan to release.
News 18 asked if a reward would be announced?
Slocum said we would have to wait until Wednesday for that information, but he added it's nothing that can't wait another day. Slocum said if it were urgent news, they would release it today.
Slocum also said as far as he knows, the victims' families are not coming. But he didn't know for sure.
In the meantime, police still want tips. They are still trying to identify the man in the picture.
As News 18 previously reported, the man in the blue jacket within the grainy police released photographs has become the "main suspect" of the investigation. Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley told News 18 they are expanding their search beyond Delphi for this man and believe he may have been picked up as a hitchhiker.
But Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives wants people to remember – just because someone is interviewed or their house is searched, doesn't mean they did anything wrong.
Authorities are conducting many interviews and searching a lot of places. Ives said jumping to conclusions is not helpful at this time.
If you can identify the man in the photo above or provide any information regarding the case, please call the Delphi Murder Tip Line at 844-459-5786. You can stay anonymous.
- Law enforcement to hold news conference Wed. on murder investigation
- Prayer vigil held for law enforcement working Carroll County double homicide
- New interview brings Delphi murders to national attention
- Investigators call slain teen a hero; Delphi community reacts to news
- Police release the number of new tips received in Delphi homicide investigation
- Delphi double homicide scaling back investigators
- 6 weeks after unsolved murders in Delphi, there's still hope
- Mother appears unemotional in 911 admission after double murder
- Delphi home searched in connection to double-homicide investigation
- Headquarters for Delphi double homicide investigation moves to larger building