Original Publish date: March 6, 2017
CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — As it approaches the third week into the death investigation of two Delphi teenagers, authorities are urging people not to jump to any conclusions.
Investigators are working around the clock to solve the double homicide case of Libby German and Abby Williams. But speculation among the public has law enforcement reminding people not to believe everything they see or hear.
In a Tweet Monday morning, Indiana State Police Sgt. John Perrine said a blog post is circulating social media – raising the question on whether the Delphi case is connected to a possible serial killer sweeping the Midwest.
In the blog, the author – who claims to be a former Delphi High School student – referenced a possible connection between the Delphi case and the recent death of a 33-year-old Indianapolis woman, whose body was found near the Flatrock River in Columbus Saturday morning. Police have since determined no foul play is suspected in the Columbus case.
Perrine said there was never any information suggesting the two cases were connected.
"When people put this out there as what appears to be an official story, then we start getting calls from people who are concerned and believe that we're withholding information," Perrine said. "That we may know this is connected to others, and we're just not telling people. And I can assure you that's just not the truth."
Perrine said if any new information develops, the public will be made aware through local media and social media.
Coming up later on WLFI.com and on News 18 at Six, we talk to one woman who was part of the search party for Abby and Libby and she tells us about her experience that evening.
- ISP: Don't jump to conclusions; Delphi & Columbus cases not connected
- ISP names person of interest in Delphi homicide case
- WATCH: ISP superintendent speaks on anniversary of Delphi homicides
- ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
- Delphi home searched in connection to double-homicide investigation
- ISP release video, additional audio and a new sketch of the Delphi Homicide suspect
- New sketch released in Delphi double homicide case
- Delphi homicide case manager graduates from FBI National Academy
- Police: Delphi homicides far from cold case; 18K tips received
- Memorial service honors Delphi teens