DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — It's a difficult anniversary for the city of Delphi. A date that's hitting some harder than others.
David Riley replays this day last year quite often.
"I was on the trail the day that they were killed," said Riley.
He said he didn't see or hear anything.
"I talked to the police twice and gave them DNA and all of that stuff," said Riley. "I was at the other end of the trail, they were by the high bridge, I was by the Freedom Bridge."
Like most would in his position, he can't help but wonder, what if?
"What if I'd have turned the other way, what would have happened?" said Riley.
It's been a slow year for him and many others in the community. Waiting for the day police announce they've caught the killer.
"Not only for us here but for someone else in some other community," said Delphi resident Mary Helen Abbott.
People living in Delphi can't turn a corner without seeing the face of the suspect. It's a constant reminder he is still out there.
"I was so excited when they went out to Colorado, where that guy was," said Abbott. "I thought, 'Oh, maybe this is the answer,' but that didn't turn out to be."
Riley can't understand why anyone wouldn't share what they know, he desperately wishes he had what police need to solve the crime.
"It's sad," said Riley. "They've got the picture of him and it just seems like somebody knows something that hopefully before the day is out they'll catch him."
- Delphi one year after the double homicide
- First Christmas after the Delphi double homicide
- Dr. Phil to discuss Delphi double homicides
- Delphi double homicide scaling back investigators
- Delphi home searched in connection to double-homicide investigation
- Carroll Co. Sheriff clears up misconceptions on Delphi double homicide
- FBI searches Peru home in relation to Delphi double homicide
- Headquarters for Delphi double homicide investigation moves to larger building
- Rumors not true; no arrests made in Delphi double homicide
- $200K reward, newly-decorated HQ inspiring Delphi double homicide investigators