Original Publish date: March 24, 2017
CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The investigation into the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams in Delphi will be scaled down in the coming weeks, but the case remains active.
The Carroll County Sheriff's Office, Delphi Police Department, Indiana State Police and the FBI made the announcement Friday. They say now that the number of tips has become manageable, many investigators will return to their home agencies.
State police stress that this does not mean the case is going cold. Those investigators are simply going back to cases which have been temporarily delayed due to their assistance in Carroll County.
Officials say the Delphi Command Center will remain open at the former Carroll-White REMC building in Delphi, and investigators there will continue to follow up on leads and investigate the case.
"We remain committed to this investigation, and the Carroll County and Delphi community until 'this evil' is eradicated," ISP Superintendent Doug Carter said. "We are on board until the end to assist our fellow law enforcement brothers and sisters."
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said they have been blessed with the law enforcement assets and resources provided to them over the last month.
"We stress this investigation is ongoing, and is not without resolve as we will find those responsible and reach proper closure for Abby and Libby and their families,” Leazenby said.
- Delphi double homicide scaling back investigators
- Dr. Phil to discuss Delphi double homicides
- Delphi one year after the double homicide
- First Christmas after the Delphi double homicide
- Headquarters for Delphi double homicide investigation moves to larger building
- Delphi home searched in connection to double-homicide investigation
- $200K reward, newly-decorated HQ inspiring Delphi double homicide investigators
- Carroll Co. Sheriff clears up misconceptions on Delphi double homicide
- FBI searches Peru home in relation to Delphi double homicide
- Rumors not true; no arrests made in Delphi double homicide