Areas Affected: Jasper; Porter
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Indiana...
Kankakee River near Kouts affecting Jasper and Porter Counties
Kankakee River at Dunns Bridge affecting Porter County
Kankakee River at Shelby affecting Lake and Newton Counties
The Flood Warning continues for
The Kankakee River near Kouts.
* until Wednesday afternoon.
* At 800 AM Tuesday the stage was 11.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by Wednesday morning.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet...Agricultural areas begin to flood. Some backwaters begin to fill drainage ditches. &&
Safety message...If you encounter a flooded roadway...turn around and find an alternate route.