MADISON COUNTY, Ind. (WISH) - A Pendleton couple credits their barking American bulldog with waking them in time to escape their burning home early Wednesday morning.
Shortly after midnight, Kyle Hart and Jessica Nowland said their dog Hugo woke them up with his barking.
When they opened the bedroom door all they saw was smoke.
The couple and their dog made it out of the house okay, but everything else was lost in the fire.
Alert neighbors saw smoke and flames and called the fire department to the burning home in the 9500 block of West Constellation Drive.
The home is in the Summerlake Subdivision near State Road 13, just south of I-69.
Firefighters from Pendleton, Fortville, Lapel, and Fishers helped to put the fire out.
The home was destroyed and homes on either side were damaged because of the the intense heat from the blaze.
Feast of the Hunters' Moon has come and gone, but Wednesday night organizers said thank you.
Food Finders unveiled a new online fundraising challenge that could raise an additional $40,000 towards feeding the hungry.
It was almost a year ago when Frankfort Police Chief Troy Bacon asked residents to report anything suspicious they see, especially drugs.