TIPPECANOE CO., Ind. (WLFI) - Battle Ground Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call of a house fire just after 12 Thursday afternoon.
Assistant Fire Chief David Bisher said when crews arrived they saw the camper trailer behind the house was on fire. Bisher said the man inside the trailer had burns from the waist up.
That man has been identified as Dustin Crawford. Bisher says Crawford was cleaning the trailer when the fire started.
"He was heating the trailer with a Kerosene heater," Bisher said. "I'm thinking the gasoline fumes that he was using for a cleaner ignited from the Kerosene heater when it lit up."
Crawford was taken to IU Health Arnett Hospital in Lafayette and then transferred to Wishard Burn Center in Indianapolis.
Indiana Governor Mike Pence (R) proposed a pre-K voucher program as part of his 2014 agenda. The would give underprivileged children access to pre-K programs.
A former Frankfort middle school principal is arrested for his part in what police call a child sex abuse case.
West Lafayette police have arrested one of the men they say robbed a restaurant while armed with a machete.