LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Guests staying at Quality Inn off State Road 26 in Lafayette were evacuated early Tuesday morning due to a fire.
Firefighters were called to the scene around 3 a.m.
Lafayette Fire Battalion Chief Mike Hieatt said the fire was contained in about 15 minutes.
There were no reports of any injuries. The fire department also checked carbon monoxide levels. Vectren was called to shut off the gas as a precaution.
Guests were allowed back into their rooms about two hours after the fire broke out.
Investigators believe the fire may have started in a utility room near the boiler room.
They say the water heater definitely didn't start the fire but it may have started on the opposite side of that room, and they are investigating a possibility of spontaneous combustion involving pool supplies.
The Lafayette Police Department issued a news release around 7 a.m. saying no official cause has been determined yet.
Inventions were built by Purdue mechanical engineering students for a final class project.
U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly has traveled around the state throughout the week talking with workers at automotive plants.
A man wanted for burglary and theft has been found thanks to an anonymous tip.